Monday, November 2, 2009

K. Ward


Hahaha, I wish. This is the new album out by M. Ward, who ALSO just released a collaborative album, Monsters of Folk, with Yim Yames, and some guys from Bright Eyes. The reason I'm posting this is not only do I love the music, but the DESIGN OF THIS CD COVER IS SPECTACULAR. It is truly a beautiful piece. I ran into it at a used CD store down in Old City (first of all, this is one of those record shops where they still sneer at you when you ask about an artist that's not up to their music-obsesssed standards, just like High Fidelity). I didn't realize what it was when i first looked at it (now kicking myself for not buying it right there). Right away I recognized the superior design of the case. There was foil lettering and screened detail printed on the outside of the ACTUAL case, viewed overtop an image of old wallpaper. The same foil lettering is used on the back cover. Alot of detail went into this. Buy it!

1 comment:

Ledjam311 said...

I love albums with a unique design and good artwork. It adds so much to the listening experience when you can physically hold the album and look through it during the 1st listen. I'll definitely check it out.

P.S. The new site looks great